Friday, January 4, 2008

I get to be the cool aunt!

The newest little addition to the Wilson family arrived last night around 9:30.
Rebecca Louise Wilson
I am so excited for Rick and Janin. It's their first child so there is a lot of fun, cute, new (and sometimes gross) stuff in their future. We get to go to DC next month so we will be seeing her shortly. As I was trying to get to sleep last night my mind wandered to my mom. We are going down there in Feb because it is the 10 year anniversary of her death. We have been going to Arlington for the past few years that date to put flowers on her grave. So, again we will go. I can't believe it's 10 years. Thinking of Janin having her mom there with her when she had her baby was hard because I've never had that, however, when I thought of little Rebecca, just as with my children, I know that my mom was able to be there when these precious children were sent down to us. She was able to teach them and help them learn and love them. It's neat to know that so recently our newest family member was able to be hugged by my mom. Lucky child... and lucky us to know that we really all can be together forever and that we are only separated for this earthly life.
So, I went off the original path of this entry a little, but that's the way the mind of Jennifer Dorman works. :)
Congrats Rick and Janin!!!

Rebecca Wilson and Mommy
(an 8.5 pounder to boot... not too shabby for petit Janin)

1 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

Congrats, Jen! Being an aunt is the best!! I admire your eternal perspective. Your kids are lucky to have spent time with you mom--I bet that is why they are all such awesome kids!