Saturday, February 9, 2008

FLORIDA - here she comes!!!

Well, at least part of her that is... And a major part at that. Yes, our wonderful little girl decided to give her beautiful, flowing, bottom-length hair to Locks of Love (we need to mail the hair to FL). She is "going to help a sick kid." We've been planning on doing the deed for a few weeks now. Last night, after the boys all had their turns, Kathryn stood on the bench and gave up one of the things she loves the most - her princess hair. I'm proud of her. I'm sure she'll do it again too. Oh, and she LOVES it! She's had about 7 or 8 haircuts already (3ish inches each time), but until recently we never really thought about it all being chopped like that. I must say, as we washed it last night I remember why I love fresh cut hair... it feels so silky and healthy... hers is so light and flippy. It's great. Anyhow, she thought we were silly for taking so many pictures (close to 90 pics of the whole ordeal - is that overboard???)... I'm glad we did though - here are a few.
Before the cut...
She's so excited!!!
About 1 foot cut off

Moment of truth...

Maybe I'm partial, but I think her hair will help make a beautiful hair piece.

The haircut.

She LOVED using the blow dryer!!!

7 comments:

Char said...

Kathryn,

You have done something wonderful for someone. I just wanted to tell you that you are beautiful with long or short hair.

Aunt Char and Uncle Bob

Char said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lexi said...

That's so sweet. I love the new haircut too!

Kotters said...

She looks adorable with her new haircut. It is such a great way to teach kids empathy and the short hair is so MUCH easier.

Waters said...

Jenn....I have arrived!!!! whooot whooot! I absolutly love Kathryn's hair. You did a great job.

Cathryn said...

Jenn!

Oh my goodness, I am excited to find that you have a blog! I found yours through Stelters. Your kids are getting so big and grown up. I look forward to reading your posts to catch up on your family.

I wish that I had gotten to know you better in Cleveland as it seemed we had a lot in common.

Take care and keep posting! We are in Japan so if you are interested, you can click my name for our blog.

~Cathryn Jensen

thekerrclan said...

I think that is so awesome. What a sweet girl!