Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My mom...

This past Sunday was the 10 year anniversary of the day my dear mother died. I wanted to put up a slideshow of some pictures I have of her and it took a while to get some slides and prints scanned in to the computer. I wish so badly that I had more pictures of her... I know I have had some get lost in my travels and some were taken with other peoples cameras... I just hope someday to be able to get a proper album of her life put together. I am at a loss for words to describe my feelings. My heart aches. I miss her so much. I was only 18 years old - I feel like I was robbed. Sometimes, even through my faith and belief in eternal families, I get so angry that she was taken so early. I have had to go through so many milestones that girls should get to share with their mothers all by myself... a wedding, pregnancy and childbirth, marriage, raising children. In some ways the past 10 years have flown by, but, at the same time, 10 years is SO long. I know she is with me always and I have felt comforted knowing that, but it doesn't replace having someone to talk to when I am having a bad day. So, I guess with that said, I want to put up this slideshow of some random pictures to help us remember and know the most wonderful woman I have ever known... a true friend, wonderful wife, and amazing mother... My mom.

9 comments:

OMA AND OPA said...

Jen, THANKS!!! so much for sharing those pictures with us. It brought back so many good memories. We loved your mother. She is proud of you and your little family, I am sure! Keep in touch. I will send you our blogs. Actually, go to Nicki's and you will see everyone elses too.
Love ya, Linda and Larry and family

OMA AND OPA said...

Hi, I think Nicki's blog is NickiMickelsen@blogspot.com ? if that doesn't work I will try again,
Sister M as you remember, haha

sara said...

I completely understand all of your emotions and feelings. Wish they could have been here to share so many life changing events. What a great tribute to your mom! I know she'd be proud.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen - so good to hear from you! I was excited to see your comment on my blog - yours is so cute too! Just like you and your family!!!! Thanks for sharing this post about your mom. She was awesome, and I know that she is always there watching over you and your family. Love ya!

Chatty Family said...

Jen, I see your mother in you. I am sure you received all of her best qualities. I am sure your life is a tribute to hers. Hang in there.
Melissa

Cathryn said...

Loved your tribute to your mom. I am sorry that your heart aches :(. I can't imagine.

Waters said...

This is perfect!

thekerrclan said...

What a tribute to your mom.

I just got back in town...how are things?

The Lassen Family said...

Jen, that was so touching. You are a strong woman. How are you guys feeling? I'm sorry to hear about your sicknesses over there.