Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our favorite babysitter came home from college for the summer so James and I got to go out last Saturday night. We had a nice kid-free 7 hours. We actually found ourselves with a 3 hour gap between dinner and a movie, and really didn't have much to do... we felt kinda lame... It wasn't SO bad... we ended up just going to the store and picked up a few things. I have to say though, even that was nice... not having to keep track of 4 munchkins. For dinner we did Red Lobster and tore through some delicious crab legs. I got a frozen drink (virgin, of course) and the bar tender made more than she needed... they brought me a HUGE glass - perfect size for us to share. It really was a nice dinner. After that (and then the store) we took in a 9:50 showing of 21. It was a good movie... we'd both recommend it. Normally we end up going to the 6 or 7 o'clock showing (with a lot of "old" people)... it was great to be out so late and to have our sitter home who is willing to stay at our house late. So we could have proof that we went out without the monkeys occasionally we took a couple of shots with my point and shoot. I'm thinking this will be our summer of kid-free time... it's nice to get out.
A tasty drink...
Alone :)

At the movies...

5 comments:

Waters said...

How wonderful! Im so happy you guys got to go out on a great date. OOOOOOoooo Red Lobster?! YUM. I was watching a show on crabs in Baltimore and I wanted to tear through the TV and eat the legs.
By the way I love your hair, I dont know why I never noticed it shorter before but it looks great, you and James look great together. :)

Cathryn said...

Holy Huge Drink Batman!

Goodness sakes, that is the biggest cup I have seen! :)

Loni said...

Are you sure it was virgin? It was great to see you that night, and toatlly thoughtful of you!! See you later.

thekerrclan said...

Wow -- a date. What is that like?

Nikki said...

You look great! I love your hair!