Monday, December 10, 2007

What a surprise!

So far the entries on here look like my journal... pretty empty. Yikes. I suppose I just don't sit down and spend enough time on one thing when I am online. Oh well... I'll just recap.

Friday I got a major surprise from James. I had a test downtown on Friday and when we got home he brought this gift bag out from our room. He asked, "Do you want a present?"... haha... as if anyone would say no to this. Sure I did. Opened it up and, lo and behold, my wonderful husband bought me a flash unit for my camera. He (when I thought he was working) went to DODD camera near Crocker and got the scoop on different flashes and got me one. I couldn't believe it!!! I mean, I know I've been hinting at it for quite some it, but it's also not something you would just expect to get randomly. So far it's been hit and miss on figuring it out. I think the morons who wrote the directions must think it's obvious... it's not though - that doesn't make me the moron, does it? ;) haha Anyhow, just was such a surprise and I love it! - thanks again James!


Friday night we were also able to go out... I know... crazy! We did, though, have the kids, so I guess it's not like it sounds. We went out with Brian (used to work with James at his old firm) and his girlfriend Beth. It was so much fun. We went to Nuevo Acapulco - James deals with them on some issues so we got Great treatment from everyone! We were there for about two and a half hours and hardly heard a peep out of the kids. Part of that was because the happen to have the greatest chips and salsa there, but, I have to admit... they are darn good kids. I love them - I am so, so grateful to be able to be their mother. I'm not sure what I did in another life to deserve such good, respectful children, but I'd love to keep doing it because it must have been awesome. James and I enjoyed the company of other adults - we don't see them every week at church either like most of our other friends, so we had lots to catch up on. I'm thinking that the whole "going out" with friends thing periodically is very worth it - good for the soul. :)

0 comments: