Monday, December 31, 2007

With Wondering Awe

Last night our baby Benjamin showed us all how to find the beauty and wonder in the simplest of things. It was so cute I had to write about it and put up a picture of his adorable little face. It was about 8:30 and pretty dark in the living room where we were all laying on the floor. All of the sudden Caleb picked up one of his dart guns that has a laser pointer on it and pointed it on the ceiling just in Ben's range of sight. Ben looked up at the red dot and was truly amazed... I mean, mouth open, staring, moving his head to follow where Caleb moved it amazed. He thought that little red dot was the coolest thing. If he lost track of it or got distracted he'd look around again and find it (sometimes with a little help from Caleb who would point it on the floor in front of Ben so he could see it) and the jaw would drop again. I was laughing so hard that I cried. Such a small thing - a little red light moving around -
that would probably normally just annoy me after a certain point, made my night and now I'll always have that picture in my head whenever the kids use their dart guns.

How lucky I am to have baby Benjamin.

And... while the dart gun is taken... Joshy found another use for the darts...

3 comments:

Chatty Family said...

See!!! I love it! I am so glad you posted that! Thank you!

lexi said...

You are a bloggin machine now! Love the pictures!

Unknown said...

#2thumbsup4ben

10 years ago "baby Benjamin showed us all how to find the beauty and wonder in the simplest of things."

Today that same soul, backed with love and support from those who knew him, is teaching another lesson. Even those of us that never had the opportunity of meeting Ben in person are still being shown by him the power of love and human connection. As humans we are all in this together. May we all continue to be inspired to find ways to up our game so that we too may LOVE and CONNECT fully enough that when we get to the end our road we too have two thumbs to throw way up.