Saturday, March 22, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So the other day I was sitting on the couch talking to the kids when they got home from school. There is this kid on their bus... you know the kid... the one you have already decided you don't want to have in your house or let your kids play with - we knew him in Caleb's kindergarten class and thought that, but gave him a chance now that they are in 1st grade - lesson learned - never again. Anyhow, this kid - oh, lets call him Monster - told the kids something that was completely wrong. I said something to that effect and then Kate said that Monster's mom had told him and that Monster said his mom is "NEVER" wrong and that she knows "EVERYTHING"... ummm, yeah... okay. So, I said, "No one knows everything, Kate".... Much to my surprise I hear Caleb (who was standing there also) whisper very quietly, almost to himself (as if he was assuring himself - not to be some Know-it-all), "Except Jesus." That's right, Caleb... except Jesus. Glad he's learned those important lessons. Sweet child!

5 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

I can totally picture Caleb saying that. How sweet!

Cathryn said...

So sweet. I love the age of our kids right now.

thekerrclan said...

Cute - nice to know some things sink in, huh?

lexi said...

So sweet. Isn't nice to get reassurance that we are doing something right?!

the Petterson Family said...

That is really sweet, hey I found your blog from Lexi's hope you don't mind that I say hello! I feel bad that we are in the same ward and I don't really know who you are, sorry! Well, we know who each other are now and we can be friends, yeah!